The Strip is without a doubt, the heart of the Las Vegas experience. Unfortunately, it’s also the location of high-priced bars and restaurants, entertainment venues, and resort hotels and casinos. But don’t get discouraged if you’re a bit short on cash. There are plenty of fun and FREE things you can do. The following will give you a better idea of what we’re talking about:
• ARIA Fine Art Collection – you’ll need a good pair of shoes for this walking tour through a series of art installations in the ARIA Resort & Casino, the Shops at Crystals, Vdara Hotel & Spa, and Veer Towers. You’ll see installations of well-known artists, sculptures, and unique paintings on this 45-minute walking tour.
• Carnaval Court at Harrah’s – with its mix of bottle-flipping bartenders, cover bands, and live DJ’s, this is a great place to let loose and dance or just spend time people watching. Best of all, there’s never an entry fee to pay. Furthermore, Carnaval is considered one of the best places to party.
• Flamingo Wildlife Habitat – this seemingly out-of-place tropical paradise is located at the Flamingo Hotel & Casino and features a flock of Chilean flamingos. However, there are also ducks, koi, pelicans, swans, and turtles as well. Thanks to the beautiful grass, palm trees, streams, and waterfalls, this FREE makes for some great photos.
• Free Circus Acts at Circus Circus Hotel & Casino – as the largest permanent circus in the world, performances are FREE every Thursday through Monday. Some of the features include aerial silk artists, international high-flying trapeze artists, a pagoda contortionist, a trio of wacky clowns, and twin juggling masters.
• The Park Vegas – this is a must-see FREE attraction for anyone wanting to enjoy great food and entertainment. The Park Vegas is adjacent to the Park Theater and T-Mobile Arena where they host headliner concerts and major sporting events. It’s also a great spot for Golden Knights’ hockey fans to meet up.
• The Volcano at the Mirage – have you ever wondered what it’s like to watch a volcano up close and personal? Well, now you can at the Mirage Hotel & Casino. Come watch this artificial volcano erupt from 7 pm to 10 pm every Thursday through Sunday night. It spews explosions and fireballs with a faint scent of piña coladas.
After a day that is jam-packed with all of these FREE activities and entertainment, it’s a safe bet you’ll need a comfortable bed for the night. Call (702) 553-2553 and book your reservation at the Downtowner Boutique Hotel today. We have a modern rooms, with a touch of the vintage ambience to suit your style.